Electrical Service that Exceeds Expectations
Brubaker Inc. is your local, trusted home services provider for over 75 years. When you need electricians in Lancaster, PA and nearby areas, you can trust us for Service Exceeding Expectations...you’ll SEE! and straightforward pricing. Call us today for electrical service in Lancaster County and near you.
EMERGENCY ELECTRIC REPAIRS
Call us if something seems wrong with your home's electrical system. This includes:
- You see sparks, hear a pop or buzzing, or smell something hot from an outlet or electrical source
- Your electrical power line has been detached from your home or damaged in a storm (call PP&L first)
- You don't have power in a part of your home, and you don't know why.
Call us any time and we will get back to you within business hours to schedule your appointment.
Electric work that shouldn’t wait
Stop being inconvenienced – or worse, at risk – with substandard electrical systems at your house. Trust the electricians at Brubaker Inc. to quickly repair and upgrade your systems and give you peace of mind that everything is working properly.
- A circuit breaker trips often – It’s a sign that you have too much on one circuit. We can break up the circuit differently or run a new one based on your situation.
- Too many extension cords – Extension cords and power strips can be dangerous. We can install additional electrical receptacles where you need them.
- Lots of valuable electronics – The best way to protect your computers, TVs, and other electronic devices is with a whole-house surge protector.
- Not enough outdoor lighting – We install outdoor lighting fixtures, including ones with motion detectors and timers. They’re a great way to dress up your property while also dramatically increasing your security.
- Knob-and-tube wiring – Older homes were first wired with a method called knob and tube. If you’re just moving into a home or looking to sell, it’s a great time to rewire your home to bring it up to current safety standards.
Complete Electrical Services
Our experienced electrical crew can do it all! We have the knowledge, tools, and equipment.
Aesthetic upgrades and fixes
• A/V power and wiring (behind TV, built-in speakers, etc.)
• Add a light fixture where there isn’t one
• Replace an old light fixture
• Install dimmer switch
• Replace burnt-out bulbs in hard-to-reach locations
• Install outdoor lighting
Comfort upgrades and fixes
• Install a ceiling fan
• Install or replace baseboard (electric) heaters
• Power to new central A/C unit
Add value to your home
• Electrical safety inspection
• Complete items on a home inspector's checklist
• Upgrade service from 100 amp to 200 amp
• Install wifi cameras
• Run cat-5 (ethernet) wires
• Install intercom system
• Rewire your existing electrical system
• Upgrade from knob-and-tube wiring – time to bring it up to current safety standards
• Whole home surge protection
• Motion detection lighting
Add something new!
• Power to garage or shed
• Power to new pool or hot tub
• Power to new washing machine + dryer
• Convert basement or attic
• Wire renovated/remodeled room (especially bathroom, kitchen, or laundry)
Service upgrades and panel replacements
We update dangerous old electrical panels and also give you more room for more circuits, including by upgrading your home from 100 amp service to 200 amp.
When you have circuit breakers tripping too often or want to add more electrical outlets to your home, if you're out of space in your electrical panel, you're out of luck... until you upgrade. Many of today's homes have electrical needs that exceed their original 100 amp service. And many others have old, dangerous circuit breaker panels that should be replaced for safety reasons.
We make it easy to find out if upgrading your service or replacing your panel is right for you. Give us a call, and if you do need it, we'll give you a total quote for the project. No pressure and no obligation.
Comprehensive Annual Safety Inspections
Annual inspections are common for heating and air conditioning systems, but what about your home’s electrical system? At Brubaker Inc., we offer a comprehensive annual safety inspection to members of our Diamond Club.
During the annual inspection, our electrician will test or inspect:
- 10 different safety conditions in your main electrical panel
- 7 different safety conditions in your electric meter box and the service cable
- Any exposed wiring and device boxes in your basement
- Smoke and Carbon Monoxide detectors and alarms
- GFCI protection in required areas
- Exhaust fans for proper venting
- Furnace and air conditioning wiring, breakers, and disconnect switches
After the annual inspection, we’ll complete any necessary repairs and replacements, before a catastrophic failure or incident occurs. Find the right service plan for your home and gain the peace of mind that you won’t come home to an electrical-related crisis.
About Brubaker Inc. - Award-Winning Electrical Contractor in Lancaster, PA
A local, family-owned business, Brubaker Inc. has been serving our Lancaster-area neighbors for 75 years. You can trust our team of certified technicians for all your home service needs, including heating, cooling, and plumbing services, home remodeling, and major home appliance sales and service.
Experienced Certified Electricians
All Brubaker Inc. electricians hold an electrician’s Journeyman’s Card from Associated Builders and Contractors, the highest formal credential available for electricians in Lancaster County. Their classroom training and on-the-job experience now far exceed the licensing requirements. All our electricians participate in structured continuing education throughout each year.
DIY electrical work can be dangerous!
If you’re considering trying it yourself, get a quote from us first. You might be surprised how affordable it is to have it done right by a professional.
You’ll rest easy knowing everything has been completed up to code, and your family is safe.
Need financial assistance?
Schedule a Repair or Request a Free Quote
Call 717.299.5641 now if you have an urgent request.
If your request is not urgent, you can use the form on this page and we’ll get back to you within 1 day or sooner.