Brubaker Inc. was founded in 1945 by I. Wayne Brubaker, and was originally in the plumbing, heating, and rainwater spouting business.
Founded right after the end of World War II in 1945, Brubaker Inc. has been a family-owned service and contracting firm providing clients with a wide variety of services for decades. When I. Wayne Brubaker originally established the firm, he offered these services under the name of I. W. Brubaker Plumbing, Heating, and Spouting.
During the early 1950s America was undergoing a tremendous economic expansion, and consumers snapped up goods that hadn’t been available during the War. Invigorated by the marketplace, our Frigidaire and Delco appliance retail store was unveiled and it was an immediate success.
Some of our milestones realized over the years:
- Started in 1945 by I. Wayne Brubaker, the business focused on plumbing, heating, and rainwater spouting.
- In the 1950′s a kitchen and laundry retail store was added to the business. We became one of the first contractors in the Lancaster area to employ 2-way radio dispatching.
- In the 1960′s a new water softening technology, sold under the name of Brusoft was added to our lineup of products and services.
- In the 1970′s we expanded beyond our original plumbing and heating divisions into air conditioning and electrical. We added an automotive service garage in 1978.
- The 1980′s saw us as a pioneer in computerized take-off and drafting.
- The turn of the century ushered in division-wide cell phone communications and single-point dispatching to technicians via cell phones.
- In 2012 we began a “Green” initiative to dramatically reduce paper by deploying two-way dispatching and data transfer via electronic tablets.
Over the years Brubaker Inc. has evolved into a multifaceted company employing specialized technicians in the plumbing, heating and cooling, electrical, and remodeling trades, accompanied by a 24 hour Service Division and our Appliance and Remodel Idea Center. We are still at our same location, providing Service that Exceeds Expectations, since 1945.