We know we have to earn your trust, just as we have with all of our customers since 1945.
- Our dependability and consistency provide you with quality services and high levels of performance.
- You can be assured of outstanding results because of our technical expertise and construction knowledge.
- Our customized services will deliver your project on time and on budget.
- Doing our work “right the first time and every time” is our commitment to you.
We at Brubaker Inc. are dedicated to providing you with
Service that Exceeds Expectations! You’ll SEE!SM
Brubaker Inc. was founded in 1945 by I. Wayne Brubaker, and was originally in the plumbing, heating, and rainwater spouting business.
Founded right after the end of World War II in 1945, Brubaker Inc. has been a family-owned service and contracting firm providing clients with a wide variety of services for decades. When I. Wayne Brubaker originally established the firm, he offered these services under the name of I. W. Brubaker Plumbing, Heating, and Spouting.
During the early 1950s America was undergoing a tremendous economic expansion. Consumers snapped up goods that hadn’t been available during the War. Invigorated by the marketplace, our Frigidaire and Delco appliance retail store was unveiled and it was an immediate success.
- Started in 1945 by I. Wayne Brubaker, the business focused on plumbing, heating, and rainwater spouting.
- In the 1950s a kitchen and laundry retail store was added to the business. We became one of the first contractors in the Lancaster area to employ 2-way radio dispatching.
- 1959 saw our expansion beyond our original plumbing and heating divisions into air conditioning.
- In the early 1960’s a new water softening technology, sold under the name of Brusoft was added to our lineup of products and services, along with electrical services.
- In 1978 we added an automotive service garage.
- The 1980s saw us as a pioneer in computerized take-off and drafting.
- The turn of the century ushered in division-wide cell phone communications and single-point dispatching to technicians via cell phones.
- After a devastating fire destroyed our showroom on June 9th 2011, we opened our new facility in July of 2012.
- In 2012 we began a “green” initiative to dramatically reduce paper by dispatching and data transfer via electronic tablets.
Over the years Brubaker Inc. has evolved into a multifaceted company. Our technicians are specialized in the plumbing, heating and cooling, electrical, and remodeling trades. We have a 24 hour Service Division and our Appliance and Remodel Design Center. You can still find us at our same location, providing Service that Exceeds Expectations, since 1945.
Brubaker Inc. is large enough to keep abreast of the latest industry trends and technological advancements, yet small enough to foster an informal familial atmosphere that provides for both personal and professional advancement and improvement.
At Brubaker Inc. our employees enjoy wages and benefits that are very progressive for the industry. Because of this and our excellent work environment, our full-time employees have an average of almost 12 years of employment with us. This is exceptional in an age of “free agent” employees and employers.
Affiliations and Community Involvement
Brubaker Inc. is proud to be a member of these professional organizations:
- Keystone Chapter of Associated Builders and Contractors
- Better Business Bureau
- National Kitchen and Bath Association
- Green Building Association of Central Pennsylvania
- U.S. Green Building Council
- Hempfield Business Coalition
As a member of the local community, we are committed to doing our part to serve our friends and neighbors beyond the services that we are in business to provide. For many years our employees have participated in the Pennsylvania Adopt-A-Highway cleanup program. Several employees serve on boards of not-for-profit and faith-based organizations; others volunteer with 4-H and local youth soccer clubs. We have served as a waste oil repository for many years, aiding our neighbors in safely recycling their used petroleum products. The organizations that we or our employees support include, among others:
- Central PA Confederation of Motorcycle Clubs annual Toy Ride for Penn State Hershey Children’s Hospital
- Great American Cleanup of PA
- Hempfield Area Food Pantry
- Lancaster Bible College
- Least of These Ministries
- Millersville Community Parade
- Mom’s House
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society
- Numerous local churches
- Pennsylvania Adopt-A-Highway
- Schreiber Pediatric Center
- Team CMMD Foundation
- Tel Hai Retirement Community
- Water Street Mission
- Various local fire companies
Safety is a way of life at Brubaker Inc.
Our goal is for our employees to return home at the end of the work day as healthy and as whole as when they arrived at the start.
As a result, safety awareness, safety practice, and expectations of performing safely are all a part of our culture. It is codified in policy and is practiced and encouraged from the top down.
Monthly departmental safety meetings, a company-wide safety committee, a management-level safety team, and job-site and equipment inspections are key facets of our comprehensive safety program at Brubaker Inc.
Here is our Experience Modification Factor for the past three years:
|4-1-2015 to 3-31-2016||.922|
|4-1-2016 to 3-31-2017||.970|
|4-1-2017 to 3-31-2018||.880|
Mission, Vision, and Values
To provide excellence in plumbing, heating/cooling, electrical, remodeling, and appliance sales and service.
Since 1945, Brubaker Inc. has been a leader in home and construction services and will continue to set the standard by promoting excellence in:
- how we serve our customers, so that they will gladly promote us to others
- employing the finest craftspeople and technicians to serve our customers
- delivering products and services that best fit our customer’s needs in a timely and cost-effective manner
- maintaining the highest ethical and moral standards in all of our business practices
- maintaining a safe workplace and providing an environment conducive to superior performance
- relationships with our vendors and service providers so that they will serve us the best they can and we in turn are best equipped to provide our customers with superior service
- environmental stewardship
- Promote innovation
- Embrace new technologies
Our desire is to provide the best products and services that we possibly can to you, our customer. We want you to be so pleased with our service that you will happily tell others about us. To aid us in doing that, we employ the best people. We provide them with the best tools, equipment, and environment. We promote superior relationships with our consultants, subcontractors, and material vendors. All of this is in an effort to deliver to you the very best.