How would I know if my toilet was leaking?
Here are signs to look for:
- A toilet that is not in use should be silent. After flushing and the tank refills, once the fill valve shuts off, it should be silent.
- You have to move or jiggle the flush handle to make the water stop running after flushing.
- After flushing the toilet, it won’t fill again and/or you can’t flush it again.
- The flush handle needs to be held down while flushing in order for it to complete the flushing process.
- The flush handle is loose.
- A trickle of water keeps running into the toilet bowl long after it has been flushed.
- At seemingly random times your toilet sounds like it has water running into it.
- Mold or spotting has appeared along the wall behind the toilet tank.